Georgia Safety Conference
- The Georgia Conference Awards Program is designed to promote safety, health and/or environmental efforts and to recognize/honor the employers and employees who make those efforts a reality.
- Companies with locations/workplaces in Georgia are eligible to apply for the Georgia Safety, Health and Environmental Conference Awards.
- The location must not have had any workplace fatalities within the past 5 years.
- Applications must include narrative information detailing their positive and successful safety, health and/or environmental efforts.
- Not all submitted nominations will result in a conference award.
- An independent review committee will analyze the application, narrative responses and determine the applicant’s eligibility for the various award categories.
- All applications will be treated confidentially. The conference awards committee may contact you for any necessary clarifications.
- All information must be received by July 1, 2023. Notifications of the results will be provided to your contact person by no later than August 4, 2023.
- If an award is given to a location, a representative from the location agree to attend the conference awards luncheon. One free conference registration will be provided to each of the award recipients.
- Award categories are as follows: Superior Safety or Environmental Performance Award This award recognizes a location for their significant positive contributions to safety or environmental management and compliance programs. The recipient goes above and beyond to promote safety or environmental awareness and ensures compliance with all applicable regulations. The application must provide sample evidence of items such as, safety management systems, leading indicators, sustained performance, etc. Note: This does not require the location to submit full policy manuals, proprietary documents, etc.. Workplace Innovations Award This award recognizes a location for creating and implementing innovations in safety, health, and/or environmental areas that have resulted in sustained performance at the location. Distinguished Safety, Health and/or Environmental Advocate
- This award honors an individual’s outstanding achievement in the areas of safety, health and/or environmental issues. It may be given for a specific act/event or for overall performance in encouraging, inspiring, and promoting a safe work environment with a commitment to safety. The application should provide details regarding these actions.
- Note: The winner of this award may be the designated safety, health, or environmental person, but could be a front-line employee, such as a driver, operator, etc.